Stuart Nachbar, College and Graduate School Advisor
A Certified Educational Planner, Stuart Nachbar has worked around higher education for nearly three decades as a writer, urban economic development professional and software marketing executive. He founded Educated Quest to help families consider:
- Academic options for majors, minors and various career paths
- College costs over the duration of a degree program–not just the freshman year!
- Graduate and professional school options in many fields.
- Career development and networking opportunities for resume building and the job search
- The likelihood for admissions as well as aid from your target and reach schools.
Stuart Nachbar also coaches students on:
- Essay development to help students write in their own voice, to help an admissions officer to say yes
- Interviews for admissions and scholarships to make the best possible impression.
Stuart Nachbar has worked around higher education for more than three decades.
Before starting Educated Quest, he was Senior Vice President of College Central Network (CCN), a provider of Web-based applications to college career centers. For 11 years he helped grow the company’s client base from zero to relationships with over 600 schools. After leaving CCN he penned Defending College Heights, a murder mystery around the death of a U.S. Army recruiter during the Second Gulf War.
Stuart is a Professional Member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) and a member of the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), New Jersey Association for College Admission Counseling (NJACAC), Pennsylvania Association for College Admission Counseling (PACAC) and the Education Writer’s Association (EWA). In 2021 he earned the distinction: Certified Educational Planner (CEP). The American Institute of Certified Educational Planners (AICEP) awards this credential to professionals, working independently or in schools, who have achieved the highest level of competence in educational planning.
Stuart has a BA in Political Science and an MBA in Marketing from Rutgers University, a Master of Urban Planning from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as well as a Certificate in Digital Media Marketing from NYU. He completed his Certificate in College Counseling (with Distinction) from UCLA. He and his wife, Carol, live in Central New Jersey.
Want to know more about Stuart Nachbar? Check out these podcasts!
Listen to my talk, What Exactly Is a Good College? hosted by test-prep experts Amy Seeley and Mike Bergin on Tests And The Rest!
Listen to my talk, College Is A Learning AND Living Community hosted by Dr. Cynthia Colon from Destination YOUniversity on Voice of America Radio!